Anyone else having issues adding punctuation to SFDC Edition Rules Engine descriptions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Is it just me? I cannot add punctuation anymore to GS Rules Engine descriptions….Step 1 screen.

{“,.!’] all just flash and then delete for me.

Anyone else notice this?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not just you. In fact, the same thing happens on the Actions page, if you attempt to add punctuation to the Description field within any Action.

I opened a ticket with Gainsight Support, and they have accepted the report as a bug, but haven’t promised a resolution date.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Alrighty then — Thanks @matthew_lind!

I was probing to see if we needed to submit a case to Support or if it had already been addressed.  Thought a post here was the best of both worlds. Didn’t realize how much I missed it till I didn’t have it. :)

Have a great day all!

Hi @davebrown2242 , @matthew_lind 

This issue is fixed now. Please check. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @tulasi_andukuri .

I’m finding that in my Gainsight instance, the behavior has not yet been fixed. That is, when I attempt to input punctuation, that punctuation is ‘removed’ and my cursor is immediately transported to the end of the field.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@tulasi_andukuri 

I am encountering the same issue as mentioned - this is not fixed as @matthew_lind also confirmed. You can type the character, as soon as you hit the space bar it disappears and your cursor is snapped to the end of the description.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Update...today I’m able to punctuate the Description field in the Edit Rule section, and also the Description within each Action.

Hi @davebrown2242 , @matthew_lind ,

Sorry, I updated a little early. The fix is part of June release and is available today.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@tulasi_andukuri

I am encountering the same issue as mentioned - this is not fixed as @matthew_lind also confirmed. You can type the character, as soon as you hit the space bar it disappears and your cursor is snapped to the end of the description.

@davebrown2242 This issue is fixed, could you please confirm from ur end too. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@sai_ram — I am only able to quickly check but appears to be working now. Will report if anything else shows up down the line. Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@davebrown2242 Thanks for the quick update and welcome anytime to report. Closing for now.