Question

Access Granted To Gainsight Support Option

• 31 August 2016
  • 6 replies

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this question, but when I submit a help ticket there is an option "Access Granted to Gainsight Support" and I'd like to clarify what this option means.

I could infer that I am either granting access to my SFDC instance or have already granted access in the past. Neither makes much sense given the lack of a Gainsight Support account that could be used for this purpose. 

I'm just wondering if there is a specific workflow that this checkbox enables.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Rich,

This permits Gainsight Support to log into your Salesforce instance as you, since you've installed a Package that they manage.

In Salesforce, you:

1. Click your name at the top
  2. Click "My Settings"
  3. Click "Personal" on the left side
  4. Click "Grant Account Login Access"
  5. Select an "Access Duration" for "Gainsight Support", which will be listed on that page

6. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
If I understand Rich's question correctly, I think he is asking if checking this box actually performs the action of granting access (I don't think it does) or if this is just a yes/no toggle to inform Gainsight that we have already granted access to them (which is all I think it does).

That process Seth points out is the process you would go through to allow Gainsight to log in as your user (we don't permit that in our org) but I believe you would perform those steps and [i]then check the Access Granted to Gainsight Support box in the ticket to let Gainsight know they have permission to log in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Jeff = Totally correct.

If I were them, I would ask the question in the ticket request form to essentially reinforce, "Why don't you take this step now so that we can all get to the solution faster."
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Agreed!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
That field is just to let the support reps know whether or not you have granted them support access via LMA. The process to actually provide access is what Seth has explained above.
Ok, this all makes sense now. I'm new to Salesforce, so I wasn't aware we had the ability to grant access without a dedicated support account.