Question

Would like to see the same formatting when exporting a report to Excel and CSV

• 30 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Reaching out for a customer who would like to see the same formatting when exporting a Report to Excel and exporting to a CSV. As of now the reports show in different formats.

9 replies

Badge +3
Be aware that CSV by its nature has no formatting.  E.g. currency in CSV is just a number.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Switching post to a public category for additional customer comment and visibility. 
Then both of the exports should look the same... they do not. It is very difficult to work with 2 reports that are supposed to be the same yet are formatted differently. If you look at the sample you can see. 
Badge +1
Is there anything on the roadmap concerning the formatting of these exports?
Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’m running into this as well. Even when I convert the field to a number in Excel, it is still not recognized as a number. Maybe it’s an excel thing, but this is very frustrating as I have to go back and enter each number as a number manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@lane_h our product team will get back to you on this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lane_h @michael_sweeney with the reporting revamp (which is in progress) we will not be supporting .csv formats anymore. All the exports will be in Excel format only. This should resolve your parity issues.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lane_h @michael_sweeney with the reporting revamp (which is in progress) we will not be supporting .csv formats anymore. All the exports will be in Excel format only. This should resolve your parity issues.

Where can I find more information about the Reporting Revamp?  I’m interested in learning what the specifics entail.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @jeremy_johnston - we are redesigning our reports and dashboards capabilities to provide improved usability and more powerful features. We’re aligning with many of the building capabilities in Data Designer (like field navigator and visualization tools), as well as more controls over the final appearance (legend, colors, layout, etc). 

Dashboards will provide more granular controls over the size of each report or widget added to the dashboard, responsive design for all size screens/devices, as well as the ability to embed other content besides Gainsight reports, like text boxes (for headers or explanations of the dashboard) or even live content from other sites (like embedding a Tableau component within a Gainsight dashboard). 

Looking like this will be coming in the November release or shortly after.