Question

Where did the export option go on dashboard reports?

Badge
As of last week I was clicking on the gear in reports from GainSight Dashboards to export the report as a csv...now the ability to export a csv from there is gone... has this functionality been removed?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I noticed the same and haven't heard anything official, but it looks like if you export from a chart, you just get the "as Image" option.  If it's a table, then you default to a CSV.  Getting the underlying data for a chart is problematic now if you want it all. 

You [i]can get a subset of the data by clicking the chart to drill down.  This will show a table which can be downloaded as CSV, but will only represent the section of the chart you clicked (for example, if you click the January '18 column in a monthly trending chart, you will only get January data.

While I imagine this change was meant to be more intuitive (downloading charts means images, downloading tables means CSVs), I feel I may now need to have 2 versions of some reports--one for the chart and one for downloading data.  😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jackie,

As Andy mentioned, the type of export is dependent on the type of visualization used. If you have a graphical visualization that you want to download the CSV/Excel data for, just change the visualization to a table and then you have the option to download the data.

See example below. The visualization determines the export options (the data doesn't change though). 

Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for the helpful post and graphic, Dan.
Badge
Hi Dan, Yes my report is in Table and the export option is still not there. See screen shots. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
That's very odd, Jackie. I'd open a case with our support team (email support@gainsight.com) as this is unusual behavior. Support will be able to get to the bottom of this for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jackie, This is a restriction from admin side. We have recently given an ability to "Disable export of reports on Gainsight Home and 360 pages". Navigate to Admin>Security Controls>SFDC Sharing Settings.

Please refer to this article.

Let us know if you need any help.
Badge
Oh wow thank you Sai! That did the trick.