Solved

What field holds the logged in users details?

• 12 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

We are trying to filter certain reports by the logged in user details, only certain accounts  (and details) that a logged in user is associated with should show up in the report. What object/ field holds the logged in user details?

icon

Best answer by rakesh 14 July 2020, 13:26

View original

7 replies

@bayareaguy Their is a new object called user_login_history which you can use to build the user login history report.

Badge

Thanks Uday,

The exact scenario which i am trying to implement.

I am user John Doe and i should only be able to view accounts who i am an agent for.

So when I as JOhn doe login, the account details or account scorecard report should only be filtered where i am an agent. 

While designing these reports which variable i add to the filter? 

Badge +1

It depends on how you’ve set up the report, but if you create a global filter on the dashboard with these reports to filter to “CSM” on the Company info object that should do it.

Badge

Global filter as in “CSM = “logged in USer? “ how do I get the logged in user in the filter? is there a variable which holds the logged in user, and even if it did will the global filter accept a variable?

Badge +1

The Global Dashboard Filter will give you the option to select:

1. “Other User” which you then could type in a specific CSM’s name
  2. “All Users”
  3.  “Current User”

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@bayareaguy You can use the Global Filter as @jgalvan has described. This feature is available out-of-the-box and was built with your use case in mind. There is unfortunately no way to figure who the logged in user is outside of this filter. Here’s how to build a Global Filter: 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Global_Filters_for_Dashboard

The above solution only filters the data on the dashboard and CSMs could change the filter or still view any data that doesn’t belong to them. If you are needing to lock down the data and ensure a CSM only sees what belongs to them, you would need to use Sharing Settings to secure the data. Here’s more information on this: 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/01Onboarding_and_Implementation/Onboarding_for_Gainsight_NXT/Login_and_Permissions/05Gainsight_Sharing_Settings

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@bayareaguy 

If you bring in a field which has user mapping (CSM or Owner, etc.), we show the special behavior where you can select current user/other users(with autosuggest)/all users.

You can lock the filter so that end users cannot change it or you can use the data permissions that we have in place (link shared above) to achieve the same.