What Data Space use cases are you trying to develop?

• 24 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The August release introduced a new feature, Data Spaces, which is a collection of different objects with their lookup relations brought into one view. Data Spaces provide a virtual object structure that exposes a more consumable way to use data in Reporting and the Rules Engine. We've provided a few tutorials on Gainsight Go to help you get started using Data Spaces, and we held a webinar on using Data Spaces to report on Surveys.

What other use cases for data spaces are important to you that you'd like to see documented?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
FWIW, I primarily use Data Spaces to:

• Make Account, Customer Info, and sometimes Opportunity fields available when working with objects that aren't directly connected to those objects
  • Make info available from the User (and its associated objects, like Role) for the Account's Owner, Customer Success Manager, Onboarding Customer Success Manager, and Onboarding Technical Lead
These are the Data Spaces I've built so far, so I don't need them documented m'self, but maybe they'd be helpful for others!

• Accounts
  • CTAs
  • Contacts
  • NPS Survey Responses
  • Opportunity Field History
  • Opportunity Products
  • Sponsor Tracking History
  • Survey Answers
  • Tasks (Salesforce)
Maybe I haven't learned how to effectively use data spaces yet, but I want a simple way to add multiple tables to one query as done in SQL or MS Access.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
New tutorial available on how to create a Survey Data Space!

Keep the suggestions coming; the more specific the business challenge you're trying to solve, the better!