Solved

Using Global filters across different objects

• 2 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello -

I am trying to better understand the best way to use global filters when a dashboard has reports spanning across multiple different objects. I have a dashboard that is reporting on multiple objects (Scorecard, CTAs, Success Plans, a Dataspace, and a custom MDA table). But since I have to apply a main source object when creating a global filter, it does not always work appropriately. 

Is there a best practice with using global filters in these cases? Do I need to create multiple global filters that apply more closely to the object in the report, or try to group my dashboard reports with similar objects (i.e Healthscore reporting or CTA reporting).

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 2 January 2020, 23:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @kytpowell - usually the best options for global filters are on account level fields as those are usually where the most common filtering data exists and it’s also data that’s available to all standard object reports. The one snag you might hit is if you have a custom object that doesn’t have a lookup to the account record, which can make it tricky to configure that global filter to include that report. In those cases you can either leave that one report off the global filter, or modify the object data to include the necessary field for the global filter. 

Badge +1

Thanks @dan_ahrens. I think what I am hung up on is when I used to go to global filters, I used to be able to select Customer Info, Relationship or User, but that is not available anymore. It is only the objects that are my main report objects. Did anything change to the functionality?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @kytpowell - it might be best to contact support as they can check out your specific configuration. These sorts of issues can be tough to troubleshoot via community in case of the variables of the reports and objects they are built off of. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@kytpowell I am going through the old posts which are not solved/answered, is your query issue solved? Please let us know if you need any help here.

Badge +1

Hi @sai_ram I have an open ticket with support on this. Thank you!

HI @kytpowell - I’m running into a similar issue where I’m not able to add a Global Filter onto my dashboard. I’m only seeing main report objects (in this case, Timeline Activity). Was Support able to help you or give a quick answer? Thanks!