Updating attributes via a report

Related products: None

Has anyone else found a need to update R360 attributes for various customers only to find that you have to open each customer in order to do so?  A request has come from our CSM’s to enable a report so they can update the attributes all at once versus having to search for each customer and update each individual customer.  Will Gainsight ever have the ability to update fields within a report?  I know there is the ability to update CHS in a repot, but would be nice to have the option to update other fields from a report as well.

@ablnsj I think that could be a beneficial alternative to needing to update via a Rule. For large customer groups, running a one-time rule is probably the way to go, but for smaller batches creating a rule probably wouldn’t make sense.

If you wanted to do smaller groups or make different types of changes to a single group I can see this being a really helpful feature.

My main concern (and this has been a concern with putting the scorecard fact table on a dashboard) is giving end-users the ability to make bulk changes to live data. If there can be a special report type to allow this kind of editing with some guard rails built-in that would be useful.

Hi All,

Actually, we are working on the same problem via Portfolio widget. 

Basically, its an editable report where CSM’s can update any field on the Company or Relationship in bulk, in place, in the dashboard. @gopal_rao_kallepu  can add more details if interested.

Hi All,

Actually, we are working on the same problem via Portfolio widget. 

Basically, its an editable report where CSM’s can update any field on the Company or Relationship in bulk, in place, in the dashboard. @gopal_rao_kallepu  can add more details if interested.

Will admins have the ability to put any restrictions on this? Any type of guard rails?

Thanks, @rakesh, to elaborate on the ‘My Portfolio’ widget, it is an out-of-the-box Company and Relationships widget designed to help CSMs keeping their book of business is up to date. My Portfolio widget can be made part of any ‘New Dashboard’ or the ‘GS-Home’. 

Yeah @bradley, Admins can control what fields of Company or Relationship are to be editable in the MyPortfolio widget via configuration.

Thanks, @rakesh, to elaborate on the ‘My Portfolio’ widget, it is an out-of-the-box Company and Relationships widget designed to help CSMs keeping their book of business is up to date. My Portfolio widget can be made part of any ‘New Dashboard’ or the ‘GS-Home’. 

Yeah @bradley, Admins can control what fields of Company or Relationship are to be editable in the MyPortfolio widget via configuration.

Awesome. Would we be able to restrict who can do this at all using permissions and permission groups?

@gopal_rao_kallepu @rakesh will this be available on other MDA tables, such as Success Plans?

End Proctoring-

@brad Admins can configure this per widget by making certain attributes editable in the setup process. Being able to control this from permissions and permissions would be seamless, we would explore this. 
@gunjanm ‘My portfolio’ widget is limited to Company and Relationships. There are no plans of expanding it to other MDA tables as of now. @rakesh can share if there are any plans of doing this Reporting?