Question

Unable to Filter Scorecard Metrics in Scorecard Mass Edit Reports

• 12 December 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Since release 5.19, it appears it is no longer possible to filter column metrics in Scorecard Mass Edit reports. Now, when you try to filter, you are given the following message "Cannot search here":

This was a really helpful and necessary functionality because it allowed us to dynamically filter scorecard reports for our watch list and risk meetings. These reports are now much more static and difficult to update. We've resorted to filtering by a custom field that is updated via rules engine based on score but this is not very scalable or efficient for non-admin users.

When I flagged this to support last month, I was told this was removed due to some technical limitations and would be fixed in future releases. Is there any timeline on when this will be updated?

10 replies

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for sharing this. With the Dec Release we have launched a Unified Scorecard Fact (this is a new object that will contain the current scores across multiple scorecards).

We have enhanced the Mass Edit Report build on the Unified Fact to have searching & sorting functionality. Have you tried using that?

That report will have the ability to add filters on measure scores, column filters of measures

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Calvin, Please refer this article for more information .

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Aditya, thanks for the suggestion. I've tried recreating the report using the Unified Scorecard Fact, however, I am still unable to filter the scorecard metrics by a numeric value (i.e >= 65, <50, etc).

It looks like the only filtering option available is to select different ranges, colors, letter grades. We really need to be able to filter by specific numeric values to make these reports useful.

Hi Calvin,

You will be able to search buy the labels you have configured (eg. green / orange etc. Would these correspond to the number filter you had...i.e a filter of >=65 might be equal to score = Green/Orange?). Would filtering down by label & sorting on the data help in your process?

Also, would be great if you can share how you work using the report (eg. do you first want to view you green account / account with score > XX & then move to the next set? or something along these lines?)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Aditya,

We use the scorecard mass edit reports for our monthly watch list meetings with the exec team where we specifically filter scores to look at anything below a 65 out of 100. Prior to 5.19, we were able to easily do this with no problem. Now that this feature has been removed, I've created a rule that checks a custom field based on the score for anything below 65 to help replicate this report.

The pain point here is that this make the reports static and difficult to update, Filtering by label could work but that would require changing our scorecard and internal processes. Ideally, we should be able to filter by label AND score like we used to .

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Is there any update on this issue? Working with Support, I recently discovered that sharing dashboards with Unified Scorecard reports is currently bugged (the report fails to load).

This makes it difficult to share dashboards with both GS and Non-GS users. Either we have a dashboard that only GS users can see, or we have to send a dashboard that can't be numerically filtered and is static.

This is a big pain point from both an admin and leadership perspective.

Hi Calvin,

Are you facing issue with external sharing or while exporting to ppt?? Can you clarify on this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Arjun,

I'm facing the issue with external sharing of the link. Since Gainsight doesn't support scheduling dashboards, I set up an email outreach in Journey Orchestrator that contains the shareable url dashboard link. I've done this in the past with scorecard reports and haven't had an issue.

Hi Calvin,

I am getting it checked, meanwhile can you clarify on wether you are sharing it with your internal team or with a customer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
This is for sharing internally. Our CS leaders use the scorecard mass edit report for running their bi-weekly watch list meetings and need to be able to filter by numeric score.