Question

Survey & NPS Analytics Available in Reports 2.0

• 3 December 2015
  • 16 replies

Badge +1
The analytics that are available in the Survey and NPS tabs are great, what would be even better is if those were also available in Reports.  For example, the NPS summary that shows the actual NPS score (%).  Our survey is on-going so we need to be able to trending this score month over month, as well as have the ability to filter by regions, teams, product, etc.  If this report was available to me in reports I could customize this the way we need it, which then allows up to have them show in the Gainsight tab - then allowing us to share with others easily.

16 replies

Hi Tracy,

You can create a similar report in reports 2.0. Select source as NPS and add "id" field to show me , "NPS Score text" to by and add a filter for "Survey code". Survey code will be available in the properties section of your survey. Please note that the color codes for promoters, passives and detractor,  and the % response for each score will not be shown. Please let me know if that works.

Thanks!  
Badge
Hi Sumesh,

I am in a similar situation as Tracy.  My executive team is very interested in viewing trending NPS scores (-100% to +100%) by criteria such as industry, team, and specific partnerships. The work around you suggested is going to result in a lot of manual work to calculate the NPS score as percentage any time someone wants to look at NPS data.  I would love the ability to duplicate the criteria in Analytics from the Survey and NPS tabs.
I agree with this but we are running into issues outside of the NPS survey. I was recently told that the standard survey data within Gainsight is actually living between multiple objects in SFDC with no real relationship between them. This is obviously an issue when wanting to run reports and analytics on the data for other surveys outside of NPS. It would be good to be able to leverage the Reports 2.0 area and dashboards to pull in survey data from all surveys. I was told that we would have to export the data to be able to do anything with it from a reporting standpoint. My main concern is that there is no real relationship between the multiple survey objects in SFDC so no way to link the survey data together. 
I would like to see more flexible reporting around NPS as well. We are currently doing a lot of calculations in spreadsheets to track NPS trending from one time period to another, and would like to see this included in Report Builder.
We would like to report and analyze questions other than NPS, so would like this ability in Reports 2.0
Agree with all the comments here. Trying to parse together all the questions is infuriatingly hard. The database logic on GS's side makes no sense. It would be great for all survey questions and responses to be stored in the same object.
Badge
We'd also appreciate having additional Reporting around surveys, especially surveys that don't include an NPS question.  We're sending surveys to follow up on specific Onboarding tasks, and I'd like to be able to report on the results by CSM or Onboarding Manager, and right now, I can't find a way to do that.  
It would be great to have the ability to combine NPS surveys under the NPS tab.  We run NPS surveys to portions of our customers base on a quarterly basis.  These are done as separate NPS surveys, which then generate their own NPS score and meter under the NPS tab.  We love this!  However, what we really like is the ability to aggregate the surveys together some that we also have a running score and meter for the year.  In other words, there would be standalone scores and meters for Q1, Q2, etc ... and then have the ability to combine them to have one score and meter for the year. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Now that Data Spaces exist, it [i]should be easy to build a report on NPS data, and Survey data in general. I'm going to give it a go at building a Data Space based on the "NPSSurvey Response" object and see how it works out....
Badge
If you figure it out, post some details.  I tried creating one around a survey (non-NPS survey) based on the "Survey User Answer" object, and got stuck enough that I created a support ticket yesterday 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Oof, then back atcha! If support helps you develop a Data Space on standard survey answers, that would be hugely helpful to have a guide for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
NPS Survey responses appear to have been quick and easy to build into a Data Space!

I chose NPSSurvey Response as my base entity, and then added these fields to get myself started:

• NPS Score
  • Response Date
  • User Name
  • User Email
  • Survey Code > Survey Name
  • Account > Id
  • Account > Account Name
  • Survey Participant > Contact > Id ([i]But note that it doesn't appear that every survey response has a Contact Id. I don't know why that is.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Heads up, y'all, that they just an upcoming webinar on using Data Spaces to report on survey data:

"Join our Surveys product manager for a deep dive on how Admins can utilize Data Spaces to more easily and effectively build reports on Survey and NPS data in Gainsight"

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2157466491202160642
I want to be able to calculate NPS by CSM or Cohort (not the average of #'s) but actual NPS. We use NPS as a performance metric and need to capture it by CSM. We were able to do this in Salesforce w. a formula, it would be great for Gainsight to have something similar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi All,

Do you have any use-case to do this in reporting?

This can be solved by NPS 2.0(which shows the data of Survey 2.0 only). Below is the screenshot. 

Please refer this article for more information .
Is the NPS Analytics / Reports feature viewable by all Salesforce Users or does it require a Gainsight License?

Silly question I know, but since I use Gainsight, obviously I have access, just curious if this is visible to others?