Question

Summarize Date Field by Fiscal Quarter in Report Builder?

• 13 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Does anyone know if it is possible to summarize a date field in Report Builder by fiscal quarter? It looks like there only option is calendar quarter which is fine but not ideal for a number of reports. For example, we would like to be able to report on our NPS results quarter over quarter and our leadership cares more about fiscal rather than calendar.

If this is not currently possible, it would definitely be nice to have since it's already a feature in other aspects of Report Builder. 

6 replies

Hey Calvin!

You should be able to set your Fiscal Quarter from within SFDC: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=setting_the_fiscal_year.htm&type=5

Does that get you what you need?  Thanks!

Tim
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hey Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply! I believe we've already set that up in Salesforce and it already works for reports were we are filtering by dates. 

The issue we are facing right now is that when we summarize a report by date, it seems like quarter is set to CQ instead of FQ. For example, we are still in Q2 but our reports are showing some responses as Q3 (end of July is the end of our FQ). 
Hm...  Let me ask internally.  Is this object in SFDC or MDA?  
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Thanks, Tim! We are building the report off of an SFDC object called NPSSurvey Response.
Strange - that should obey the fiscal year settings in SFDC.  Can you check that setting and I'll check internally as well?  Thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Update - I was able to get the report to summarize by fiscal quarter. I changed the date filter from Response Date <= This Month to <= Current FQ and that seemed to fix it.