Question

Success Plans: Adding the # completed/overdue on reports 2.0

• 18 November 2015
  • 13 replies

Hi

Do we know if we are able to bring in the top line metric of # of objectives completed, overdue etc to show up in reports 2.0? currently we have the completion % field however having a number of completed of pending would be good to have.

Naquiyah

13 replies

Hi Naquiyah,

Currently we cannot get this data in reports 2.0. You can get details of account name, success plan name, objective name, status, due date, etc. in a report but this won’t be aggregated for a success plan.

Although, I agree getting the completion percentages for success plans and objectives is important. We have added this in our roadmap. I will keep you updated about the ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
This is also something we're hoping for. By tracking success plans and objectives for a customer, it's probably one of the more critical items to show value to delivery to an executive. That said, we're actually hoping to include it as a scorecard measure for health - % toward objectives by date. Looking forward to this addition. Curious of the ETA if you have it Nitisha...
Hi Grace,

Better success plans reporting capabilities (including aggregated data of completed, closed objectives/ tasks etc. ) will be available in July release.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Thank you for the update, Nitisha! 

Does that mean by updating reporting capabilities it would suffice as a scorecard measure then too? I'm newer to Gainsight so just waned to clarify on terms :) 
Hi Grace,

You will have to create a new scorecard measure and update its score based on success plans attributes (via rules engine). Even now, you can do most of it and don't have to wait for reporting enhancements.

Can you share a specific use-case with me and I will help you set it up.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Nitisha, I seem to have received competing information. 

I was interested to see if we could track one scorecard measure where we track progress to goals/objectives outlined in success plans. Can we write a rule around that? 

E.g. Yellow = <80% delivery for success plans objectives (relative to date due). 

Does the rules engine allow us to tie to another Gainsight feature like that? The goals/success plans framework will be really key for our team so I'm curious to see if that's possible. I was told no by my PM until this above mentioned was released. Is that not true? Would welcome your help. Thanks!
Hi Grace,

Yes, you can update a scorecard measure based on progress of objectives in success plans, though right now their are few limitations in the data (e.g. aggregated data #completed objectives per success plans is not available right now)

Once we make the enhancements mentioned in this thread you will have all the data related to success plans(e.g. #completed objectives, #completed tasks, #closed objectives etc.). You can then use this data to update a scorecard measure.

You will have to:

1. Create a scorecard measure say Success Plans

2. Create a rule with Source object = 'CTA Group', Acti and add criteria to update the score

Thanks,

Nitisha
Nitisha, thanks for the response. To clarify, it seems to get what I want I should wait for the enhancements outlined here. Is that correct? 

What do you mean when we can update a scorecard measure based on progress of objectives? I want it to be automatic, not by a human or "manual" so I'm not sure what you outlined. Are you suggesting manual or is there an automatic way to update a scorecard measure based on success plan objectives?
Hi Grace,

This can be automated. To automate it, in Rules Engine,

1. Select Source Object = 'Call to Action'

2. Add Criteria based on you use case (e.g. Objective Status = Closed AND Objective Priority = High)

3. Select ActiSet Score

This rule will automatically change the score of the scorecard measure based on the criteria set by you.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi All,

We have added more out of the box formula fields like Due Date Variance, Days to Close, Days Past Due Date, Overdue, etc. in 'Call to Action', 'CTA Group' and 'csTask' objects. These fields should help you in building better reports and analytics for success plans and CTAs.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Badge +2
Nitisha, where can I learn more about reporting on success plans. It sounds like the basic reporting I would like to see, things like % of success plan complete, is already built, but I don't know how to do it.

Thank you.

Trevor
Hi Trevor,

A lot of out of the box fields have been added in CTA Group (Success Plan) and Call to Action(Objectives) object to help you create effective reports.

E.g. To generate a report % of success plan complete, you can build a report on CTA Group object and choose fields Account Name, CTA Group Name and Precent Complete. This will give you % completion of all success plans for all account.

The list of newly added fields is available in Aug release notes (Point #3)

Please feel free to mail me if you are facing problems in creating any reports and I will help you with it.

Thanks,

Nitisha

Badge +2
This is great, I was pulling the wrong object which is why I didn't see them. 

Thank you so much.