Question

Sharing Survey Results with Non-Users?

• 13 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Does anyone have advice on the best way to share a contact's survey results to non-GS users? We currently have emails that notify key stakeholders whenever a contact responds to a survey along with the NPS but not the other questions. 

We do have survey-specific dashboards that we could share but ideally we would like to inlclude the survey response as a hyperlink in the email (which I don't believe is currently possible?) 

Love to hear any thoughts or ideas! 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Calvin -- what would be the recipient's workflow? I could imagine a few different situations...

• "I look at each survey response to watch out for ones that I should react to"
  • "I scan survey responses each week or month to act on the 10 least happy customers"
  • "When I am working on a customer, I need to look up their most recent survey response, whenever that might have been"
  • "Gosh this is an important survey response -- I need to push it out to my VP"
...and depending on what kind of situation you're looking to set up for, the tech you provide could be wildly different 🙂 Do any of those hit close to the mark?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hey Seth, yep pretty much all of those! 

The most important case would be if a VP or the implementation lead wants to see the full survey response. 

Right now, we sent out emails via SFDC workflow that alerts the appropriate stakeholders whenever there is a response which includes the contact name, account name, and the NPS score they left along with any comments. 

We usually ask 4-5 other questions in addition to the NPS one but we don't currently pull those into the alert email. I suppose we could have our CorpEng team add some fields but it would be great if all someone had to do was click on a link and it would take them directly to the survey response that you can view in GS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Gotcha, thanks Calvin! At the moment I don't believe this is possible if the VP or Implementation Lead have no Gainsight licensing, and don't have a Shared C360. (If they have a Limited License, then they could access the survey response through the Salesforce Account Widget.)

However, if those 4-5 other questions are consistent from survey to survey, you could push the most recent response into custom fields on the Contact. Or, even better, a Gainsight Email Template could have a placeholder for every question, which a Rule could then populate and send to your team, so you wouldn't need CorpEng to set that up or maintain it.

If those questions are [i]not consistent from survey to survey, you could use a Rule to basically copy every survey response into a Custom Object in Salesforce. But golly, that's rough.

All that being said, Karl Rumelhart's presentation at Pulse described how a major strategic priority for Gainsight is making it economically feasible to get everyone in the business engaged in customer success via Gainsight. So, for example, I could imagine Shared C360s being easier to access, or Sally being able to serve up full survey responses instead of just NPS responses.
Hey Calvin!  

If you have a survey-specific dashboard, you can share that out as a link by importing users into the Users object (usually from your SFDC contacts object) and setting your share settings in Admin.  Let me know if you have any questions!?  Thanks!

Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Oh yeah that's way better. Forgot about Dashboard Sharing since we get to just use our own product for dashboarding!
Hi Calvin,

As Tim mentioned , Dashboard sharing is the current way to go ahead. Please follow the steps here  and let us know if this would help your use case - https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Reports_and_Dashboards/User_Guides/Share_Dashboa...

Thanks

Abhishek S
Userlevel 4
Badge
Stumbled across this problem while building out a survey for a Product group that does not utilize SFDC/GS much, but is sourcing our assistance for customer surveys. 

One of the issues we ran into was building the survey for them and the inefficiency in sharing working details to come to the final draft. Could we not have a 'download to PDF' option? I envision this for both previews and completed surveys.

This is old-school, but simple in my mind rather than having to 1) manually add users via a completely different process or 2) share a dashboard with these users - especially since part of our issues are in the design stage.

Thanks,

Jake
Userlevel 4
Badge
I just realized this is computers 101 by printing the page to PDF. I think my issues are resolved 🙂