Solved

Scorecards 2.0 - Reporting on Scorecard Measure Groups

• 21 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m trying to build a report for scorecards 2.0 where I can see all the individual measures under a measure group, but I can’t seem to figure out where the measure group is stored to add it to a report.  To give some additional details, we have a measure group called Product Engagement, and I’d like to pull a report showing all the individual scores that make up that measure group.  I may just be missing something simple, but thought I’d ask.

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 26 October 2020, 22:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve not successfully figured this out either, though I haven’t spent much time on it.

Within the Unified Scorecard Fact, the Measure Name and Measure Group Name are flat within the same object lookup: Scorecard Measures.  In my example, those three measures with the arrows roll up to Product Insights - but they’re “peers” in the same table. 

Maybe someone smarter than me can figure out how to pull those togehter using Data Designer… perhaps with a case expression… but doesn’t seem to be a native way.

I thought the Scorecard Mass Edit report used to display the group header above the individual measures at some point in the past - doesn’t look like that is the case anymore either unless I’m missing a setting someplace:

Sorry I don’t have a better answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@darkknight I’ve been messing with it for about 2 hours off and on, and still haven’t figured out where they are stored in the data as a roll up.   Ideally, it would be under Scorecard Measures, and there’d be a field called Group Name that I could be selected as a filter.  I’ll keep you posted if I find anything! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@heather_hansen  completely agree!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’m not aware of anything else than what @darkknight pointed out above in the Unified Scorecard Fact object. Because these are all the same level, I don’t think there is an easy way to nest the measures under each group using this object.  If nothing else, I 3rd your opinion that this should be easier. 

Badge +1

@heather_hansen @jean.nairon @darkknight We are unable to nest them, since unified scorecard fact contains data from multiple scorecards, and group definitions could be different of each scorecard. This is why we show a flat list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@shantan_reddy measures could also be different on each scorecard, yet you were able to make that work.   Can you not take a similar approach with groups?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In case anyone is curious, I was able to get around this by adding a note in the description which you can use as a filter in a Unified Scorecard report miraculously!  So, I edited each measure, and added Product Engagement into the description, and then, I filtered by Description equals Product Engagement in the report.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That’s a great solution @heather_hansen!

Badge +1

@darkknight There does not seem to be any way to handle all possible cases.