Question

Save scorecard comments

Badge
We want to be able to save all of our scorecard comments over time so that we can see how the comments have changed.

Currently, all of our scorecard comments are manually entered by our CSM's and so after a certain period of time (once a month), they're instructed to export a report with their comments per each scorecard per each customer. Then the CSM's navigate back to the scorecards and delete the previous comments to make room for the next month's data.

There's got to be a better way to do this. I heard about adding a custom long text field on the usage data object that would effectively store the comments over time but I'm not sure exactly how to do this and then how we would query the particular time frame to get a report for those comments within that time frame.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Allie,

The issue with this field is a common problem in SFDC. Once the field is changed.... the old value is cleared out. Technically there is a way to do this, but it would require a few steps. Essentially, we would take a rule that pulls in those comments and pushes them into the usage data object. This will take a snapshot of the comments in that field, apply a "date" and a "week label" which would allow you to historically report on these comments. If you require assistance on this please reach out to Gainsight Support for assistance. 

Thanks,

Steve Davis
Badge
Hey Steve, yes this would be really helpful to better understand how to do this. I'm currently speaking with Mandy Lee on something similar so perhaps she can help me in the support ticket. Thanks!