Question

Reports/Dashboards - Market Event (from Timeline)

• 3 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hey @matthew_lind!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday:)

I was hoping you could help me with something.  We want to add the Full/Partials to show in a section on our Account Health Dashboard…. snaps below:

I know I need to build a report first, but I’m not totally sure on what data I need to pull.

I hope that made sense…  Please let me know if you need more context or have any other questions.

Thank you!!

~Melissa

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MelissaC , I’m outstanding and looking forward to 2023!

Before we jump into a solution, would you walk me back few steps with some context: What business data are you trying to display? Or put another way, what information does someone who reads this soon-to-be Report walk away with?

Also...remind me where you have added the Full Impact / Partial Impact dropdown, and where a Gainsight user records that information?

Badge

@matthew_lind Happy all is well!

We want to be able to track when Market Events happen via Timeline which is where I added the Full Impact/Partial Impact dropdown.

The objective is, if a CSM checks the Partial box, nothing will change on the health score, BUT, if a CSM checks the Full box, the measure will turn to red (see below for snap).

We set it up this way because we don’t want to change any of the other weights, but we want to be able to have this info live on a dashboard.  

So basically if a Market Event occurs and changes the measure to red, we want those on a separate report from accounts that are in red for reasons other than Market Events.

Wow, I hope that made sense haha

Thanks!

Badge

Morning @matthew_lind !

Ok, I was playing around with it and I think I almost got it!  

I built a report pulling from Activity Timeline:

But I am not positive on what to filter on…  I thought I did it correctly:

But it didn’t pull any data.  I have one company that I am testing and it didn’t show up.  I know I am missing something…  help:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@MelissaC I’m glad you’re making progress.

I would check that filter, as the Type Name in your filter needs to be exact, character for character, matching your Timeline Activity Type.

One item to consider when basing on Timeline: You’ll get all Timeline entries where the “Full Impact” was chosen, even if that Full Impact event has passed. If a Full Impact event occurred, but your team remediated the issue and retained the customer, then you may not want that Account on your Report any longer.

Therefore, you might consider a Report based on the Unified Scorecard Fact - Company, surfacing any Company where the “Market Event” Measure is Red.