Question

Reports 2.0: Need Rule Name to be associated with Automated Alert Rules object

• 12 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Our rules database is getting difficult to keep track of, so I want to be able to run a report of all Rules that we can export.This Community post says that the Automated Alert Rules object is the one to use, but there appears to be no 'Rule Name' field.https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/is-there-a-way-to-report-on-the-rules-in-the-rules-engine

I opened up a support ticket on this and they confirmed Rule Name is not available and the following workaround was suggested:  "For what its worth, I am in there looking at it right now and the only workaround I can see aside from creating an .xls would be if you copy and pasted the rule name to start off the description. i.e. Rule Name - Description. Still would be cumbersome though"

Cumbersome indeed.  I rather feel this to be a bug because in other objects such as Playbook, CTA, Task, the Name or Subject is available - without them you would have no idea on which instance of each you are reporting. The same should be true of every object - the field that provides the name of the object instance should be reportable.

2 replies

Hi Jeff,

I'm tagging another product manager who might be able to help with an answer to your question.

Thanks,

Sumesh
In the meantime, please check if "Relatedid" field in "Automated Alert Rules" object satisfies your requirement.

Thanks!