Reporting on People Maps

Related products: None

We’ve had a few questions come up surrounding reporting as our team has started to expand their use of People Maps.

1. We can pull a report from Company Person and show the Manager GSID in a field, but there is no lookup to the Manager’s NAME….are we missing something or what would be the best way to set this up? It is a standard field so I can’t just edit the field and add a lookup myself. We just want to be able to pull a report of select people at a company and also include details about their manager in the same table OR group by manager Name to show a list of all people who report to them.
  2. I know it was just released, but are their plans to add Influencer and Infulencer Sentiment fields to the Company Person object as well? Or is there somewhere else I can already report on this info? I don’t see it discussed in any of the help articles and am either missing it or it doesn’t exist other than in the People Maps UI. Again, looking to show a list of ‘Decision Makers’ and include who influences them with sentiment.
  3. I know I could set up this piece as a rule on my own, but since the feature is so new thought it may be best to suggest it as standard if others are interested too. Can we get a # field on the Company Person to show the number of influencers and number of direct reports a person has? It’s shown on the people map itself, but would be nice to pull into other reports. EX. Company CEO has 6 direct reports and 3 people who positively influence him/her.

@katie_b Thanks for bringing this up! We have added this to our road-map. I will update you here once we consider it for release. 

Happy posting!

Any updates on this?

Hi @katie_b I’ve answers for the first 2 points:-

We’ve had a few questions come up surrounding reporting as our team has started to expand their use of People Maps.

1. We can pull a report from Company Person and show the Manager GSID in a field, but there is no lookup to the Manager’s NAME….are we missing something or what would be the best way to set this up? It is a standard field so I can’t just edit the field and add a lookup myself. We just want to be able to pull a report of select people at a company and also include details about their manager in the same table OR group by manager Name to show a list of all people who report to them.
  2. I know it was just released, but are their plans to add Influencer and Infulencer Sentiment fields to the Company Person object as well? Or is there somewhere else I can already report on this info? I don’t see it discussed in any of the help articles and am either missing it or it doesn’t exist other than in the People Maps UI. Again, looking to show a list of ‘Decision Makers’ and include who influences them with sentiment.
  3. I know I could set up this piece as a rule on my own, but since the feature is so new thought it may be best to suggest it as standard if others are interested too. Can we get a # field on the Company Person to show the number of influencers and number of direct reports a person has? It’s shown on the people map itself, but would be nice to pull into other reports. EX. Company CEO has 6 direct reports and 3 people who positively influence him/her.
  1. The Manger field is available on the UI(the Person section on C360) but not doable via reporting as of now. Allow me some more time to evaluate the best way to enable it via reporting. In the meantime, we've considered and added to our roadmap a download capability of the list view in the 360-Person section that’ll will allow the end-user to download the fields available in the company person object and are enabled on the UI. The functionality is not defined completely but this is just a gist. 
  2. The influencer details are captured in a separate table, People Maps Influencers, the same can be queried for the sentiment values. And, the object NamedMap Hierarchy Data can be used to extract Decision Maker data.
  3. For the 3rd point, we need some more time to explore the best way to show the count of influencers or direct reports and the right object to house them under.