Question

Reporting on deleted CTAs?

• 18 July 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • 6 replies
I have a request to build a report based off of deleted CTAs.  I don't think this is possible out of the box but wanted to confirm.  Is it possible to report on deleted CTAs?

6 replies

Hey Ryan:

You can create a report on the Call to Action object and then have a filter that says Deleted = true.  Photo attached of what that would look like  Let me know if this helps.

Badge
Thanks Scott, this field doesn't seem to pull any data though.  I created a test CTA, deleted it, and was unable to pull it up on a report.  
Hello Ryan, Unfortunately it is not possible to report on deleted column of Salesforce objects. "Deleted" is a standard field among all SFDC objects and once you delete  CTA, it is deleted from the system itself and hence Scott's solution will not work. If there was an MDA object in picture, we do have the option of soft delete which we can report upon.

I hope this suffices. Do continue sharing other shortcoming. Thanks!
Badge
Thank you for the clarification Sudarshan.
Hi, we need to be able to easily report on deleted CTAs as well. Is there anything that can be added to the roadmap to somehow capture these for reporting purposes?
Badge +1
I found out some new information that would may help. If the CTA is SOFT deleted it can be reported on not via SFDC Reports or GS Report but through a data loader such as Workbench( You can get as CSV). Make sure to have "Deleted and Archived Records" to be "included". See screen shot:

FORMS of Soft Delete, I found so far:

• Deleting via a single call to action.
  • Mass Edit (Tested on 31 Delete CTAs via GS Mass Edit)
  • To know if its a Soft delete, check your Salesforce Recycle Bin to see if a record you deleted shows up there.

Kevin Ly