Question

Report sorting not persistent in c360

• 19 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have a custom report that is displayed in a section on the C360. It is sorted by date, and to be useful to the AMs in the C360 the most recent data needs to be at the top. The sorting is fine in Report Builder, but does not carry over when the report is displayed in C360. What am I missing?

5 replies

Badge
So using the Ranking function seems to have fixed the sorting. Seems to me the sorting should be persistent without limiting the set of records.
Hi Kristin, I was just going to post that the ranking is persistent. For others seeing this post, sorting refers to click on the column name in report builder. If you do this, then this sorting does not carry over when the report is loaded in 360 or dashboard. 

Ranking on the other hand is persistent. The primary use case of ranking is to show a limited set of records, but if input the limit to be high enough (higher than total count of records) it performs a sort. You can see more details on ranking here - https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/212529508-How-to-Build-Basic-Reports. Expert tip: Ranking work for text fields as well. 'Top' = descending order and 'Bottom' = Ascending order. 
This was very helpful, I was only thinking sort too! Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Gaurav!

I'm trying to accomplish this to show our top 25 accounts by MRR. When I apply the ranking to the currency field, it shows the top 25 accounts, but it does not sort them largest to smallest. I also don't have the option to select "asc/desc".

Any thoughts on what is happening and how to solve for this?
Badge
Did you get this resolved Lane?