Question

Report drill downs in dashboard require "Clear State" to see updated drill down configuration

• 13 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ve noticed that there is some perceived buggy-ness when adjusting report drill down configurations for reports displayed in a dashboard. Here’s what I experience:

• Add chart report to dashboard with drill down configured
  • Get a request from a user that they want to see an additional column of data
  • I add the additional column of data to the drill down, save the report
  • The dashboard still doesn’t show this new column added to the drill down
  • I remove the report from the dashboard, save the dashboard, and then re-add it, going through all of my global filters and resetting them again
  • I still don’t see the changed configuration.

I’ve even created a brand new report, not even cloned it, and still the production dashboard retained the old drill down configuration from the older report that is no longer even on the dashboard. 

It wasn’t until I hit “Clear State” that it finally worked.

Why do I need to “Clear State” for everyone to change a drill down configuration?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes! But for me, my users have to click “Reset” on the report/dashboard! It’s so mind-boggling and confusing when this happens!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

That makes no sense whatsoever… Needs improvement for sure.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

This behavior is true for any change, not just drill-down reports too! So frustrating! My users will literally go weeks with an old report since Gainsight won’t show them the new one without clicking Reset.