Question

Report Builder issues in pulling in data from over a year ago

• 10 January 2018
  • 11 replies

Badge
I am having issues with pulling in data from over a year ago into a Report I am building in the Report Builder tool.

The report is build on the Task object from SFDC. Since we are moving into GS from SFDC, I am trying to pull in the Activity History for each account from salesforce and provide that as a table in the C360. 

My set up includes basic Task info such as 'Completed Date', 'Type', 'Subject', etc in the "Show me:" section. 

The only filters I have set up are for "Status" and the "Completed Date". However, when I move that completed date back from 365 days to 730. It doesn't pull in any more of the logged tasks. I have tried to filter down to specific accounts to check if this was only an issue with certain accounts or globally. It looks like it just cuts off around 1/8/2017. It doesn't pull in any tasks that were completed in 2016. 

This would be valuable information for our CSMs as they then can look back 2 or 3 years and see how those renewal discussions went. 

Is this a limitation of the Report Builder itself? Or is this a bug, or am I just setting this up incorrectly. 

11 replies

Badge +3
Tasks tends to be a pretty big object.  Have you also tried filtering just to 2016 as part of your testing? If that does not work, I would definitely submit a ticket to our support team.
Badge +3
If you are using "Summarize by Week" or similar than you will see this behavior. 

In the Reporting Limits doc you will find:

"Summarized by limits (SFDC) days-NA, Week-12, Month-13, Qtr- 5, Year-2 Maximum Limit for Decimal Values supported"
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hey,Can you confirm you are/ are not using Summarized by.

Could you please attach a screenshot of your report definition, so that we can help you better .
Badge
in the past, I have seen SFDC auto-archive tasks that are over a year old - so not sure if that is happening for you.  You may try reporting on the tasks in SFDC to make sure you can still "see" them in a SFDC report as a quick test.
Badge
Hi! 

Yeah that was my initial thought as well so I filtered it to just one account to see if the report would pull in anything from 2016 to check if the issue was from the object having too many records. It still wouldn't go past January of 2017, even if the account didn't have more than 60 tasks in two years. 

I just tried to run the report for 2016 only and the output is no records found. 
Badge
Hi Sai,

I don't believe I am using the Summarized by section. If I am correct in thinking that is "By" option under the "Show Me" part of the report builder?

Below is a screenshot of me trying to just filter to one account for tasks from 2016.

Badge
Ah, I see. I don't believe I am using any 'Summarize by' options in this report. But I could be mistaken. I included a screenshot of my rule set up in response to Sai's comment. 
Badge
Thanks Tom! I was not aware of that. I will check on that though to make sure. 
Badge +3
You have it right -- it is an option in a date "By" field.  I can't see why you aren't getting any data in the report other than that there isn't any data that meets the filter conditions. 
Badge
Oh okay, yeah it seems to be some sort of bug or an issue on the salesforce side since the filters are able to pick up the tasks from 2017 but not 2016, when only changing the "Completed Date" filter. 

I will submit a ticket to support to see if they can assist. Thanks!
Badge
in the past, I have seen SFDC auto-archive tasks that are over a year

old - so not sure if that is happening for you.  You may try reporting

on the tasks in SFDC to make sure you can still "see" them in a SFDC

report as a quick test.  My guess is you cant see the tasks/activities that are closed and over a year old (and either can GS)