Solved

Renewal Trending Report

• 16 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Team Captain
  • 89 replies
Hi,Happy Monday!

I have a question about creating a report/graph that shows renewal progress throughout the year. I'd like to create a visualization of how many customers renewed and or termed over time? I currently have a report on upcoming renewals in the next quarter but would like to create a report that shows of the total amount of clients up for renewal, how many successfully renewed versus did not renew.

Also, I'd like to create a visualization of how many annual client meetings have been completed over time and how many are scheduled in the future? 

I hope these questions make sense.

Thanks in advance,

Jasmine

icon

Best answer by tim_schukar 17 July 2018, 16:26

View original

3 replies

Hey Jasmine!  

There are a number of ways to go about the renewal report depending on what you are counting as renewal.  Is it GRR or NRR (Renewals - Churn - Downsell + Expansion + Cross/Upsell)?  For this answer, we'll just assume GRR.

At a basic level, you can put together a stacked column report based on the Renewal Opportunities for a particular quarter (Show me: Summed Revenue; By: Opportunity Status).  This would graphically show you Closed-Won vs any other status you had during that quarter. 

To get to GRR %, you would need to pivot to show quarterly total revenue at risk (or up for renewal) vs how much was renewed.  This would get you your GRR percentage for past quarters.

For the client meeting question, are you tracking this via Timeline?  If so, I would recommend adding a "Meeting Type" dropdown list to both the "Call" and "Meeting" Activity types to get granular in the types of client meetings (e.g. EBR or Annual Client Meeting).  From here, you can simply pull a report and do a count of that sub-type of meeting.  

Lots of info/options here.  Let me know if that makes sense?

Thanks!

Tim
Badge
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the insights :)

I think this is something we are interested in building and including on a dashboard. 

Is it possible to take the conversation offline to further discuss how I can build this report? 

Thanks,

Jasmine
Hey Jasmin!  Sure thing.  I'm traveling this and next week, but could schedule a call after.  To prep, I would recommend you get internal discussion on:

1. Renewal Rate Definition/Calculation
  2. Where/How Renewals are processed and designated as closed (e.g. Opportunity type = "Renewal", Close Date = Renewal Date, How to handle late renewals, etc.)
  3. What kind of a report do you want (both in visualization chart type as well as the kind of data you want displayed - e.g. $ or %)

Thanks and looking forward to chatting!

Tim