Question

Playbooks associated with Rules

• 5 November 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Wondering if there's a way to create a report to show which playbooks are associated with rules or which rules have playbooks associated with them.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Heather,

This report will definitely be interesting in many ways. What is /are the exact usecase for this? like you want to refer to this report before you modify / delete a playbook or something else?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Sundar,

Yes, mostly for Admin purposes so that you are aware of how each rule operates.  Is it more of an admin rule or does it generate a playbook?  If so, what playbook?  This would be especially useful in cases like ours where the admin changed.  Currently, I have to click into each rule to see what it actually does versus at a glance, being able to identify.

Maybe a set of icons that will show at a glance the action of the rule would be helpful too?  So,CTA, Load, etc.
I've created standard Salesforce reports on the Call to Action Object.  That way I am able to easily see who created the call to action, the source (rules or manual) and the playbook associated at a high level.  
Hi Heather how often are you looking to have this report run?  The only way to do this currently would be to create one report on the Playbook object pulling in Id and Name as well as a report on the Automated Alert Rules object pulling in name and PlaybookId.  

You'd then need to export both reports and do a Vlookup in Excel against the Playbook Id.

Let me know if this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That make sense, Scott!  I'm not thinking it's something that would be super common, but definitely would help when making changes to things.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Sundar,

Yes, mostly for Admin purposes so that you are aware of how each rule operates.  Is it more of an admin rule or does it generate a playbook?  If so, what playbook? I did notice you could filter on the action on the main Rules Engine page, so that's helpful, but it would be good to also be able to see which playbooks are associated. This would be especially useful in cases like ours where the admin changed.  Currently, I have to click into each rule to see which playbook is set to fire.