Question

Pick List Fields fields/dropdowns disappear after MDA table creation in Data Designer

• 26 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Gang

I hope this has been brought up before and I’m just fashionably late to the party but…

When you create MDA tables via Data Designer, we lose the drop down list values from single/multi-select when you try and said field as a filter.  Is there a workaround for this??

In this example, Project Status shows the values from the dropdown when the field is used as a filter when you create a report right off the SFDC object.  Functionality carries over if you use the same field as a global filter in a dashboard 

When I create a data design and incorporate that object, the MDA table will remove the list option and you’ll need to manually type the values.  the lack of functionality also carries over if you use the field as a global filter 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If it’s a field that you have the picklist in GS, you can go back into the object → Fields in Data Designer, and you should have a little note near that field that says Convert to Picklist, and you can click on the Gear to select the Picklist.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@heather_hansen thanks! This is a good to know! but this particular field (and most) are SFDC picklists, so it would mean we would have to add all these as picklists.  Not sure if this is a mandatory task to do when we move over to NXT.  Thank you!!!!!!