Question

Need to set a global dashboard filter when adding a MDA report

• 24 February 2017
  • 17 replies

Hi All,

It seems that if you add an MDA report to a dashboard you can't set global dashboard filters even if you're pulling the same fields into the MDA table.

If there's away around this, that would be great. If not, this is a significant gap in functionality.

17 replies

Badge +1
This would be helpful for us as well. We have benchmark dashboards that we create to compare similar customers to each other based on fields within Salesforce. We add these to an MDA Account Reference table so that they are visible in the MDA but we are not able to add any Salesforce reports to the dashboard using the same filters as they are not pulled from the account reference table. 
If they are the same field in the same object, it should work fine. You'll need to set this field as an unlocked filter in each report. 
It doesn't work. As soon as we add an MDA report to a dashboard, even if we source the field from the same object, the shared filters are cleared out. 
Today, it won't work if there are reports in SFDC and MDA. Need all reports to be on SFDC and MDA. I see how that's very limiting. I am going to prioritize making this filter more flexible. 
Yes, this is very limiting. Most, if not all of our dashboards will have some combination of this. We don't want to push all datapoints into each MDA table just to manage global filters - we don't think that is a scalable solution.

Right now we are creating separate reports and dashboards for the same data to accommodate this limitation. Also, not scalable.

Raising this to a higher priority would be huge for us. 
Thanks for this feedback. Noted. 
Same applies to UI Views - this is valuable for the scorecard report. Overall, want consistency in ability to use global filters across all reporting tools and objects.
Badge
Gaurav -- at least for us this is mostly around filtering to CSM so that the team dashboard can be used to look at a CSM's accounts, performance, etc. in the same view. I'm sure there are a number of other scenarios, but I would assume that requiring the MDA object to have an identified SFDC ID mapped to a known type which would then match the native data object would be a reasonable requirement for most of these cases.
Badge
Could we have a timeline of when this issue of global dashboard filter will be resolved? 
It's already planned for summer release, where ability to apply global filters across different objects will be provided. If there are reports from SFDC and MDA in dashboard, we will provide ability to apply global filters on these reports.
Will this include UI views? We use them for a scorecard report. It's a tabular report that displays the colors of the scores with score measures as the columns.
I am afraid we are not extending this feature for UI views as of now. Global filters are applicable for all reports built using Report Builder (Reports 2.0)
Still on the roadmap?
Yeah, its coming in 5th of Sep'17 release. You will be able to apply filters across reports built off different objects sitting either in MDA or SFDC. You will also have flexibility to choose a global filter to apply to all reports or only some of the reports on the Dashboard.
This is great news.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Daniel,  Summer Release is out and this feature is shipped in Summer Release.
This is a huge improvement. Thanks to the team for making this happen.