Question

need a consolidated way to report on tasks and events in one report.

• 21 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I have been speaking with a customer who will need Tasks + Events grouped together in a single table like we can in SFDC reporting.

Has anybody found a way to accomplish this or will this be on the roadmap in the future?

3 replies

I am trying to run reporting on both the Tasks Object (SFDC Object ID starts with 00T) and Events Object (SFDC Object ID starts with 00U) in a single Gainsight report. We have an integration that automatically logs tasks (for emails) and events (for calendar invites). To run reporting on the sum of total activities logged in a given day/week/month we need to show them in one report. 
Badge +3
Going out on a limb here around my salesforce knowledge but doesn't ActivityHistory let you report on (closed) Tasks and Events together?
Badge
We have the same setup at my company and are running into the same reporting issues where we want to see both in one report.

The Activity History report shows up completely blank when I put a few fields in the "show" and don't have any filters, so I think that is a blank object and can't use it for this purpose.