header
Solved

Lookup on dataset created from data designer?

• 26 November 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have created a dataset from data designer with it to be permanent and update daily. I want to add to a dashboard and have a global filter applied from the Company object since the other reports on the dashboard pull from that object.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by rakesh 24 March 2020, 10:20

@acote

This is released and is in production. 

Whenever you bring in a field such as User Name, also bring User Id till the last dataset.  We understand that you want mapping (our mechanism to identify special fields) and will treat that user name field as a special user field that can be used in global filter and report filters. 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @rakesh! Any update on the timing of this, particularly the user level data? It’d be great to have this functionality or a way for us to map manually - we are trying to expose a data designer report in the CSM’s My Dashboard that’s filtered for their name. 

Userlevel 6

@acote

This is released and is in production. 

Whenever you bring in a field such as User Name, also bring User Id till the last dataset.  We understand that you want mapping (our mechanism to identify special fields) and will treat that user name field as a special user field that can be used in global filter and report filters. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great - thanks for the update, @rakesh. I will take a look!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

figured it out! thank you for implementing!

Userlevel 6

Hi @andreammelde,

It should already be possible to add a dataspace based report to Global Filter for most fields in dataspace. However, we do not automatically understand mappings information yet (=> This is a work in progress item) and hence there should be a challenge adding Company Name, User Name, Account Name fields to the global filter. Without propagating this mapping information, a special field such as Company Name becomes a text. We are working on it internally and expect to ship this relatively soon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I believe some of this is solved but is it still not possible to create a lookup from the Company Object to a Data Designer Dataspace?  This would be immensely useful and solve a lot of issues we have, especially with the primary use-case here.  

Please advise or link to any documentation on this update so I can re-review :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@rakesh  will this work if we also bring in the company ID? or CSM id?