Solved

Is there a way to update company information via a list view (similar to SFDC)?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I was wondering if it’s possible to provide a report to CSM’s where they can update attribute fields from within that view rather than going to each 360 individually? 

This is doable via SF using a list view, e.g;

And I know we can do this for healthscores currently. 

icon

Best answer by muralikrishnagopu 27 July 2020, 15:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I don’t believe there is an easy way to do this. Custom Low Volume Objects can be edited from a Related List (Report) section on a C360 but cannot be edited from Dashboards. Also, the Company object is not a Custom object so its data cannot be modified outside of Data Operations or Rules Engine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@HollySimmons  There’s an idea open for this. Please come vote for it. This would be an awesome feature!

https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/allow-inline-editing-in-tabular-reports-3866

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks @jean.nairon I’ve added my vote :)

Userlevel 2

Hello @HollySimmons, @jean.nairon and @john_apple, we are working on providing a Companies widget where you’d be able to edit company attributes inline within the widget itself. You don’t have to navigate to individual C360s to make these changes. You can incorporate this widget in dashboards. This is in our near term roadmap. Please stay tuned for more updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@muralikrishnagopu would this only apply to the Company object or any other MDA objects as well? For example, Success Plans? 

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 3
Badge

@gunjanm This widget(My portfolio) is limited to Company and Relationships. There are no plans of expanding it to other MDA objects as of now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@gopal_rao_kallepu I wish there was an emoji reaction instead of only Like! :( 

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Question is marked as solved, but last message from Gainsight still looked like solution was not released. Did this feature ever get released? If yes, how can I use it in new Horizon Reports & Dashboards? :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Question is marked as solved, but last message from Gainsight still looked like solution was not released. Did this feature ever get released? If yes, how can I use it in new Horizon Reports & Dashboards? :D

This is probably referring to what I believe is called the ‘my portfolio’ widget in GS Home. I haven’t enabled it but I believe that is what enables in-line multi-company editing. I don’t know that you can put it anywhere outside of GS Home yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Aha, thanks @bradley - I was looking at the My Portfolio dashboard and running into a dead end. We haven’t gone for GS Home yet, but I’ll check it out when we do! :)