Question

Hyperlink to Salesforce page via report

• 5 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Today, we don't pull accounts into Gainsight until post-sale.

However, our managers would like a report on their Gainsight dashboard that shows pipeline opportunities. I've created this report, however the Account Name hyperlinks to the C360 page - which doesn't exist for these accounts because they are not closed deals yet - so when you click on the link it takes you to the "Please search a customer" page.

Is there a way to link to the Salesforce account page via a report that does not require a custom field?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jeff, does that URL exist anywhere in an object where it could be pulled into the report? Since a report can only show data that exists somewhere in a field/object, the only ways to show this URL would be to leverage an existing field or create a custom field (using field type URL)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I don't believe so. I was hoping I wasn't the first to ask and there was something native that could be leveraged, because technically speaking when I pull the ACCOUNT::Account Name onto a report I would expect it to link to the SALESFORCE Account - because it's from the ACCOUNT object. CUSTOMER INFO::Account Name linking to the C360 makes sense.

Badge +3
^^ this would be a cool behavior to see in reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jeff, 

Valid ask, as @Dan suggested this can be achieved via a URL field. 

Redirecting this to our product team for more visibility.

Thanks for posting!