Solved

How to load aggregate renewals data to a custom object

• 30 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I could use some help with the best way to visualize renewal data, such as renewals rate over by quarter/month. I currently have the ability to create widgets in dashboards for a number of different fields: 

1. sum of initial ARR (total up for renewal this quarter)
  2. sum of renewed ARR 
  3. sum of churned ARR
  4. sum of remaining ARR up for renewal 

Since these require different filters, they are currently all different reports, which is fine when wanting to view things based on widgets. Our overall goal would be to store this data in one custom MDA object so that I can visualize out of the total up for renewal dollars, what % is churned, what is renewed, what is remaining up for renewal. I am attempting to use rules to load the sum of these data points into a custom field, but am not sure how to group by date.

icon

Best answer by john_apple 3 July 2020, 05:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you use a Group By on the report and select a Date field that will allow you the additional option of doing a summary by day, week, month, quarter, fiscal quarter, year, or fy. We’re you looking to have a stacked column by quarter or something else?

It is more so the need to create these fields and load the aggregate data to them, so that I can then create calculated fields such as renewal rate (renewed ARR/total UFR). I think I may have figured out a way to load these to MDA. Thanks!

I am actually still struggling with this as the main need is to provide % like renewal rate %. Even if you take the sum of two fields in reporting and add a formula field (renewed ARR / initial ARR) * 100, it then forces you to aggregate that field. What I need is to take the sum of two fields and use those numbers to calculate the % for renewal rates.