Solved

How to edit the columns shown in breakdown table

• 15 January 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

I searched in existing posts and documentation but failed to find an answer, so here I am :)

Do you know a way to edit which columns are shown in a breakdown table? To clarify: in a dashboard I’ve added a widget created in a report that simply does a COUNT of the Success Plans we have in place.

When I click on the widget it shows me automatically the customer name and the success plan name. A colleague asked me to show also the CSM name assigned to that customers, but I didn’t find a way to add an additional column.

Any idea? Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 15 January 2021, 15:50

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ester.Memoli When you are in report builder, you should be able to click on the widget, and then, in the top right of the pop up, you should see 3 dots that you can click to add additional fields into that drill down.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks very much @heather_hansen! Do you confirm that there’s no way to rename the columns, though? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ester.Memoli Confirmed.  Definitely a limitation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks, I will open an Idea then :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ester.Memoli and @heather_hansen 

There is a way to change them, but it is somewhat limited, as they need to already be show or group by fields in your report.

If you click the gear icon on one of your fields on the report and change the name, after you re-run it it should show up in your breakdown as well with the new name:

However, if you’re adding fields that don’t already show or group by fields on your report then you are out of luck. So while this (I don’t think) will help you with your current request you might find it useful for other applications. And I agree, admins should be able to edit display names for breakdown fields because showing Name Name Name is unacceptable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

By the way, with our new reporting  (being panned from Feb rollout), this is possible.

Also, we want to give the ability for end users to add any attributes to the drilldown report too (this will only impact user’s report, not everyone elses)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@rakesh VERY excited for this!!!

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rakesh Great news about the editability and user-editable drill-downs! Will there be any guard rails for the end-user on adding attributes? I think the feature, in general, is great, but I can see future requests in our support-queue of people not seeing the data they want because they don’t know (and shouldn’t necessarily have to) walkthrough data objects and field names to find what they want.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Great news @rakesh !

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@rakesh Great news about the editability and user-editable drill-downs! Will there be any guard rails for the end-user on adding attributes? I think the feature, in general, is great, but I can see future requests in our support-queue of people not seeing the data they want because they don’t know (and shouldn’t necessarily have to) walkthrough data objects and field names to find what they want.

We are currently thinking of this as an on or off capability. You can allow it as an admin or block it. Also, you can add descriptions to the fields which we could show on hover.

Going further, we want to enhance our permissions framework to handle the visibility of the unneeded fields. Let me know if this works

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rakesh That is handier for sure, thank you! Is it an on or off toggle for everyone, or can it be changed by permission group, similar to dashboard visibility?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@rakesh That is handier for sure, thank you! Is it an on or off toggle for everyone, or can it be changed by permission group, similar to dashboard visibility?

On and Off toggle in settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

On and Off toggle in settings.

@rakesh  Do I need to make a separate request to have the ability to change this based on the permission group? :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yes @bradley,

But I’d wait till horizon reporting is launched before picking this up.