Question

How can I report on email template?

• 15 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We need to create a report on email templates (who created, when created, folder, etc), but I am unable to figure which object this is stored in.

I tried looking at objects that pull template name and ID (like Email Logs), but it only stamps the name and ID and does not have a lookup to another object that would have additional details on the template

@mglarocca 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@chethana can confirm this, but I’m pretty sure that the meta data for assets like email templates are not reportable in this way via the report builder. 

Can you share a bit more about the use case you’re trying to solve?

Userlevel 2

We have a need to report on the content of email templates. Our branding is changing from time to time, and we need to find and replace certain names of product features and the link in the emails we send to clients. At this point, we are not able to create a report to find all content that needs to be updated. It would be extremely painful to go through dozens and more templates to find what needs to be updated. I understood no MDA exists currently to store this info. It would be really useful to have it available to admins to monitor content as needed.