Question

How can I exclude the current quarter in reporting?

• 22 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I am using data in the MDA to build trending reports. I want to exclude all activity with a created date = this quarter because it skews my graph. I have not been able to figure out how to exclude the current quarter in Gainsight reports/dashboards. Is this possible? 

3 replies

Hey Danella, Unfortunately we do not have an option to "skip current" when it comes to time-series. For now, I would suggest a workaround (you might know it already), where you choose a custom date range in filter with endDate as end date of previous quarter. The drawback, of course is that you would need to change the endDate after every quarter ends.

In the meantime, I will add this to the radmap and let you know when it gets picked up. Thanks !
Thank you for your reply Sudarshan. I look forward to the addition of this functionality. 
Badge
Do we have any update if we are still thinking about implementing excluding current quarter?  While your workaround works, it is a pain if you have a number of reports to constantly have to change the filters every quarter.