Question

How can I best visualize the results from a matrix type survey question in a report to be used on a dashboard?

• 13 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

How can I best visualize the results from a matrix type survey question in a report to be used on a dashboard?

Below is a snapshot of a matrix question used in our survey. I’m trying to build dashboard reports for each survey question for CSMs to see overall responses from their customers.

Creating a valuable view of responses to the matrix type question is proving to be challenging. Ideally, I’d like to see a report look like the snapshot below - where a total count of each response is listed for each “sub-question”. Then I want to be able to click on that number to view more detail (customer name, respondent name, response date, etc).

Is this possible or a similar view possible? Any help would be appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jessica_owens thank you for sharing your query here. I think there is no possibility for this but let me give a try and get back to you.

Badge +2

Hi @sai_ram and @jessica_owens, It happens, me also having the same requirement . I would. like to have a matrix (grid type) report that having a Customers health data on horizontal row and Customers type  vertically .. simply like attached . I wish I have a way how to do it in Gainsight Reports feature.

Green Yellow Red Total
District $5.0 $10.0 $3.0 $18.0
School $4.0 $5.0 $2.0 $11.0
International $1.0 $1.0 $1.0 $3.0
HE / Ent $1.0 $1.0 $1.0 $3.0
Total $11.0 $17.0 $7.0 $35.0