Horizon Analytics: Honor SFDC Permissions

• 16 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m testing out Horizon Analytics ahead of the mandatory push, and I’m not finding any documentation that explains what “Honor SFDC Permissions” does or the “Sync Custom Period Definitions”:

The current documentation for General Settings (where these live) only references the following:

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@rakesh 

Badge +1

Sync Custom Period Definitions

If you have custom fiscal periods defined in your salesforce instance, this actions helps you sync the data into Gainsight. This becomes useful when you’re summarizing by Fiscal Year/Quarter in Salesforce reports (The labels and time boundaries are honoured accordingly) 

Sample Report

Badge +1

Honor SFDC Permissions

This toggle basically decides whether the reports should run in the logged in user’s context or the OAuth User context (User with which Gainsight was authorised). By default, this value is set as true

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@asrivastav thanks!  So “true” means run as the logged in user then?  Can we make sure these items are added to the documentation? I couldn’t find them. Thanks again!

Badge +1

Yes @darkknightTrue means logged in user’s data permissions will be honoured. 

Also, I will sync up with the team and get the documentation updated. Thanks for pointing this out. 
​​​@rakesh