Question

Horizon Analytics - Dashboard - WYSIWYG - Download as PDF

• 23 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Team, 

I learnt that the downloading a dashboard as PDF functionality will allow the users to download any dashboard with the same content as what we see in the Gainsight App. It has been shared as "WYSIWYG dashboard PDF export”. But, when I try to export a Dashboard with a web page which needs login credentials, I am getting a PDF without the content of the webpage. Please refer to the attached export. I am not sure if this is the expected functionality. I would suggest you to have an option for the users to decide whether they want to download the dashboard with the content of the webpage of without the content of the webpage. 

Note: I have already signed into the webpages and I can view the data in my dashboard.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@kumaranbcak definitely there should be a reason in doing so. I will get back to you in short time on this.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kumaranbcak this is an expected behaviour. Since we do not store the session id, we will not be able to pull the information from the widgets that involve third party applications like Tableau while exported the dashboard as a PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@kumaranbcak this is an expected behaviour. Since we do not store the session id, we will not be able to pull the information from the widgets that involve third party applications like Tableau while exported the dashboard as a PDF.

@kumaranbcak did you get a chance to view the comments here? Do you have any questions? 

Userlevel 2

Hello @sai_ram - Yeah, I have seen the comments. Thanks for your clarification. But, I just wanted to ask you if it is possible just to pull up the active data from the website and export it to the PDF. No background cookies and all, Just the data what is shown in the dashboard.