Solved

Highlighting rows or columns

• 28 December 2020
  • 8 replies

My team has asked if there was a way to highlight rows or columns. This would help them focus on critical things when they are all due at the same time.

icon

Best answer by rakesh 8 January 2021, 08:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@andikmyers Thanks for sharing your request here. What exactly you mean highlight rows or columns? Do you mean User level to State preservation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @andikmyers 

Can you expand a bit more on what rows would you highlight? Is there a common condition or field value to use? If you want the ability to highlight some value dynamically, it is one of the use-cases we are planning for Conditional Formatting in Table reports in our near term roadmap. If you want to manually select some rows and highlight rows/columns, that capability is completely unplanned. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@andikmyers we need your inputs here. 

I think they are referring to Conditional Formatting (Which is what I am looking for)

Eg. I am making a table report that is looking at all clients for an Account Manager, and is looking at a bunch of different metrics like growth rate, days since last active, etc

I would love to be able to use a conditional format (like in Gsheets) that colourises the cell red if there is negative growth rate and green is there is positive growth rate.

and/or

If days since last active is <0 then red else green.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

+@rakesh 

Hi, 

Is there a way we can highlight rows in a report builder and the report is in a tabular format? 

Like if the adoption of a few accounts is more than 60% then highlight that row in green.

Do we have this feature in GS?

Thanks

Ruqaiyah

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Trying to bring this back to life.  We have a request from our CSM group, specifically for Cockpit… but the ability to have Row highlighting AFTER the CTA info pops up is what we are seeking. 

Here is the literal request we received: 

“From the cockpit view, it would be helpful to highlight the row when an item is selected. For example, if I'm looking at the "My CTAs" cockpit view, I see a list of my CTAs. When I click into a specific CTA, the details pop out on the righthand side of the screen, and there is nothing to indicate which row I've selected from the full list. It would be helpful if the row that I click into gets highlighted so that it's clear which one I'm working on as I toggle between the various tabs within the CTA”

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This is marked Solved, if I need to open a new request for the specific Cockpit view, please let me know