Gauge feature in Reporting to add on Dashboards

Related products: None

Saw a discussion on this that hasn’t been touched in 3 years. Can we get a gauge feature for reporting/ dashboards?

It would work similar to the “widget” viz type, with the added requirement of setting a goal number.

Hi @bencjaxn  

Gauge is definitely one of the most asked viz enhancements from GS.

• Do you see any additional variations of this apart from the Widget / KPI viz type? 
  • Typically gauges have zones, Is a Goal good enough or do you want to define Zones? If yes, how important is this?
  • Is Goal the absolute Maximum? Do you want to define the Max value of a Gauge or do you want the system to smartly adjust? 

I’m mostly wanting a simple KPI viz type. Zones are less important to me than setting a singular goal. It would make the most sense if the gauge could “overfill” if it goes past the goal. It would also be nice if it could be shown as percent of goal or total number.

@sai_ram can we get this converted to an Idea (and all the votes?!)

@sai_ram can we get this converted to an Idea (and all the votes?!)

@gunjanm converted, thks!

Hi,

Wanted to update that we have picked this up for development 

Hi @bencjaxn  

Gauge is definitely one of the most asked viz enhancements from GS.

• Do you see any additional variations of this apart from the Widget / KPI viz type? 
  • Typically gauges have zones, Is a Goal good enough or do you want to define Zones? If yes, how important is this?
  • Is Goal the absolute Maximum? Do you want to define the Max value of a Gauge or do you want the system to smartly adjust? 

@rakesh great to see this has been picked up! Answering your previous questions for myself:

1. Not sure how to answer that. I suppose some visual customizing ability would be great - colors used, maybe a few style options, etc.
  2. I think the ability to toggle zones vs. goal would be killer. I’m thinking of a range of uses for zones such as NPS, health scores, CSAT, ticket resolution times, etc., I think just a goal wouldn’t be quite as useful but I could still see it being used as an alternative to the counter widget, where you want to hit a certain number.
  3. Again, I think a toggle here would be great. You could probably have some default goals for something like survey scores, but you might have targets for low numbers not high numbers, and that might be hard to anticipate. I also don’t know that the goal should be the absolute maximum, although it *could* be the maximum. Going back to NPS, 100 is the maximum and everyone wants that, but you might set an achievable goal of say, 65. Then maybe after you hit that you bump it up.
    1. Ability to set an increment for the goal to go up by once it has been reached (optional).
    2. Ability to set a date to reach the target by. Could tie in with CTAs for reminders/alerts?
  4. Have filters able to impact the target. You might have different business segments but want to just have one widget, so the global filter for segment (or whatever) shows a different value depending on the segment selected.

Obviously, you can go as simple or crazy as you want, but these are some ideas that could be incorporated into making it more dynamic.