header

Gainsight Champions - Manage specific Reports and Dashboards without full admin

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Folks,

I have a depatment which consumes much of our GS admin time with report and dashboard updates. I needed a way to give permission to edit specific dashboards and reports without the admin access that GS ships with this ability.

https://support.gainsight.com/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Dashboard_Permissions

Today I found a way. Here is what I did:

1. Created new SFDC permission set (I named it Gainsight Report+Dashboard Builder )
  2. Added two visualforce pages to the permission set [list=1]
  3. JBCXM.LayoutManager
  4. JBCXM.ReportBuilder
  • Added the permission set to GS champions

[/list]Now my GS champions can edit only the reports and dashboards that they have edit access to at the Report/dashboard or folder level.

• 5 replies

In my org, with the JBCXM.ReportBuilder permission, any end user can go to report builder if they have a link to a report, and from there they can edit any and all reports. Once a user is in report builder there is not a way to restrict access by report folder.

Userlevel 1
    Sure Bighnaraj!! @prashant_mathapathi from my team will reach out to you with the updated doc for your review.

Userlevel 6
    Badge +1
    This is totally awesome and I am putting this on my "TO DO" list since we have the EXACT use case. We have some power users that wish to have a few keys to a few doors but not the entire Kingdom per se.

I stongly vote this up as a potential feature enhancement to automate or create this type of group as standard in GS.

Userlevel 7
    Badge
    FYI @rakesh

Badge
    @neelam_mukherjee ,

Hi Neelam,

Can you kindly review this and see if we can have more clarity on the documentaion for this particular use case. I believe this can be very helpful?