Question

Emailing Dashboards as a List, not as Powerpoint

• 22 February 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
Is there something in the works that will allow us to schedule emails on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to send normal excel reports (list view) for our Dashboards instead of the PowerPoint slides? 

Management likes to take Reports and use pivot tables and vlookups, etc. But since you're exporting reports in PowerPoint, transferring the data from 150 PPT slides into excel is tedious and inefficient.

Another Idea, is there something in the works that can allow us to email our MDA objects in excel format on a daily/weekly/monthly basis? 

8 replies

Badge +3
Have you tried out our Share Dashboards feature?  The recipient gets a full dashboard experience including tabular reports, drill down and, if you turn it on, the ability to download report data in Excel.  Note that subscribing in not currently supported but Dan Ahrens published a 'hack' to use Copilot for this purpose
Badge
I think the "Share" feature is in the current release of Gainsight that i'm testing in UAT. I'll take a look at that. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have this need as well, and sharing the dashboard isn't really a viable option since the people who would get the report already have access to the GS dashboard that contains it.  They are just wanting the information to be pushed to them in a format that they can manipulate without having to go into GS to export the report themselves.  

Specifics:  I've built a pivot report by CSM to show numbers of timeline activities, and the leadership team wants to receive this report weekly instead of having to go in and manually access themselves.

Would be great if there was an option like SF where the report could be sent as an excel attachment instead of ppt.  The other option would be to be able to send internal emails with tabular reports via Copilot as mentioned in this post: [page]=2#topic-reply-list]https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/add-tabular-reports-to-outreach-templates-in-copilo...

Thanks!
Badge +3
What kind of manipulation do the users need? 

By the way, speaking as someone who has access to Gainsight, I still do find it valuable to have dashboards shared with me since it brings it to my attention and I get access in one click. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
They want to be able to sort by the different activity types and potentially filter to certain groups of CSMs.  We also don't have GS Connect turned on, so I don't think we can utilize the Shared Dashboard option currently.
Badge +3
+1 There are some instances that our list Dashboards want to be shared out.  But don't want them coming through as a Power Point, but rather Excel or some format that allows them to manipulate it.  While it's not often, it's come up several times over the past few months regarding this request.  [Our workaround is to have someone "Export to Excel" and then they email it off.  They'd like to be able to do that from the Dashboard/Report itself.]
Badge +3
Hmm.  Using GS Connect is important for many reasons (and it is getting more and more important!) but I think that you should be able to just upload a CSV with the Users who you want to share with, or just do it manually if the numbers are small.  
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Export to CSV or XLS would be great for a number of Adoption dashboards we utilize in Gainsight. We have a few uses this can work for. +1