Solved

Data Designer - merge data of what success plan template is in use

• 19 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to use Data Designer to merge the Cockpit Associated Records object with our Success Plan data to display what Success Plan Template is being used for each Success Plan. When I select the Cockpit Associated Records, I’m not seeing anywhere to select what object I’d like to resolve to. Not sure if I’m missing it or if this can only be done via rules engine today. (Or if there’s an easier way to link this data that I haven’t thought of!)

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 23 February 2021, 22:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@acote please go through this object glossary, this helps you to map and find the records. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@acote are you on SFDC or NXT?

Badge +1

@heather_hansen NXT

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@acote Sorry!  Had some fires.  So, it looks like you don’t need a Data Designer.  I was able to go to Report Builder, select the Cockpit Associated Object.  Then, in the link section, select Linked Object → Cockpit Template.  Then, in the Show Me section, I now have a heading for Linked Object (Look Up (Cockpit Template), and when I select Name for under that, I get the Template Name.

Then, I run the report, and I can see the SP Name with the Template Name.  

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@acote @sai_ram So, I wrote an answer to this yesterday, but I got a message that it needed to be approved before it would be posted.  

Basically, I don’t think you need a data designer.  You should be able to go to Report Builder, and select the Cockpit Associated Record, and then, in the Link section right under that, select Linked Object = Cockpit Template. 

Then, you’ll see it as a Linked Object in the fields, and you can select Name from underneath it and that will be the Template name.

Badge +1

@heather_hansen Yes - thank you!! I got an email of your response and was able to work through it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@acote @sai_ram So, I wrote an answer to this yesterday, but I got a message that it needed to be approved before it would be posted.  

Basically, I don’t think you need a data designer.  You should be able to go to Report Builder, and select the Cockpit Associated Record, and then, in the Link section right under that, select Linked Object = Cockpit Template. 

Then, you’ll see it as a Linked Object in the fields, and you can select Name from underneath it and that will be the Template name.

@heather_hansen sorry for the inconvenience. I restored it, sometimes it happens due to the spam words. Thanks!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I need to add the template name to a Data Designer job I have because the object I need to add it to is a Data Designer object.  I’m facing the same issue.  How do I indicate which object I want to link to?  It defaults to Company Person.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Mary,

In Data Designer, we do not have the linked object switching capability. We directly pick up the first object which comes up.

However, you can do additional join on the same field with the cockpit template in data designer.