Data Designer Feedback

• 29 October 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

A few notes:

• After adding filters and then saving the dataset, if I navigate to filters again it tells me “Select valid filter configuration” despite already having done so and I am unable to navigate anywhere else or even save. I have to reclick the filters as if I made a change and then I can save and navigate away. 
  • When trying to pull measure fields from “Unified Scorecard Fact - Company”, there are none. Is there a different way to pull them in or was this MDA not intended to be used here? 

Super super new to this and haven’t had a chance to really dig into the documentation so maybe I missed something!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Great feedback @ana_g , thanks for sharing. 

I know @rakesh will be happy to see this thread and provide his thoughts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

1. Will try to replicate this and work with the team to explore if we can improve it. 
  2. What you see in Unified fact objects is the real data model. In Reporting, when you select Scorecard reports, we have a custom behavior to show measures directly. However, it is possible to get all the Measures  and Scores. Please select the following fields (Do note the path)

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, ana.

if you need more information on the Data Designer you can refer to this link.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The challenge when adding new fields to models is guaranteeing they persist where intended, assuming the lion’s share are meant to be displayed in the final dataset. Presently an Admin has to navigate the source dataset, then every subsequent merge to assure the field persists.  

As a Rabid fan of Data Designer, I’m wondering if we could improve the user-experience when adding new fields to datasets and having them permeate (via prompt) to subsequent merges automatically? Or some form of check-box approval prompt for where the field should persist? 

Just a thought as I think we all have scope creep and expanding use of Data Designer and this seems to be a trend, at least within my backlog :)   Any consideration is appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@keith_mattes - you’re definitely going to want to read the release notes on the 6.19 November release then, as we’re shipping “Cascade Add” to Data Designer to do just that - add a new field once and choose to propagate it in downstream actions. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@dan_ahrens  Fantastic news to wake up to 🙂 Thanks to you and the team(s)!!! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Super good news. Thanks, team for giving this feature to auto-select the newly added field to the Subsequent tasks in DD. 

Badge

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.19 release (SFDC / NXT). Cascade Add allows admins to add a field to a dataset, and thereafter this field automatically gets added to all of the next datasets (end tasks) in that design. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT.

Thanks for posting!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

wow, it’s really awesome. Thanks, team for giving such a nice feature.