Solved

Data Designer - Account, Relationship, etc. not clickable in report builder

• 10 October 2019
  • 10 replies

Badge +1
When I used the data space I created through Data Designer in report builder, the account, relationship, CTA, etc. data was plain text vs clickable links. Is there a plan in the works to make those clickable? It would definitely be helpful to allow us to use these data sets in dashboards.

icon

Best answer by phani_kumar 8 July 2020, 11:43

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Big-time +1. @rakesh This is the same feedback Kendra and I gave. I think it's a must to have a way to include hyperlinks since that's what everyone's used to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Great suggestion!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Amanda,

Assuming we enhance data space so that you can create mappings, would you be okay with configuring the mapping so that we can identify where hyperlinks are needed and display them?

Badge +1
It'd be great if it could work like our reports do today (Account Name links to C360, Relationship Name links to R360, Call to Action Name links to CTA, etc.).

If that's not possible, we can map ourselves as long as there's a how-to in GainsightGo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm with Amanda. I'd like to see our system do this automatically somehow, but at the very least, let us edit the field mappings in data management.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Must have.

Badge

100% this is a must have, optimally would be automatic like it is today “(Account Name links to C360, Relationship Name links to R360, Call to Action Name links to CTA, etc)”

But is workable, albeit more work, to set up mapping.

Is this on the roadmap? I’m rebuilding a lot of our reports with Data Designer, but without the hyperlinks I’m a bit hamstrung on several reports that depend on/make it easy to hop around depending on what we’re interested in looking at from a management or individual contributor level.

Badge +3

This is definitely needed - I have a dashboard with reports from different objects, and it is an inconsistent experience for the CSMs to have all but the one data designer report have clickable links back to the Account.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi.

I created a DD and the respective object also created in the MDA. And when I looked at the data I am able to click the Account name and it is opening the respective C360 page.

DD Screenshot:

MDA Screenshot:

Data:

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

edited