Solved

Dashboards: "View As" Different Users

• 5 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Is there currently any functionality available to view dashboards as a particular user? Essentially, could a team manager add a filter across all of the reports within a given dashboard to view details about a particular CSMs book of business.

Note: I am not referring the to SFDC Admin capability of logging in as a user.

icon

Best answer by darkknight 5 August 2019, 21:48

View original

4 replies

Badge
Yep - I have a dashboard that is identical to the My Customers dashboard CSMs use that has a global filter for CSM name. This allows the manager of the CSM to use this dashboard and see everything the CSM sees on their dashboard. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
You'll want to look into the Global Filter functionality: https://support.gainsight.com/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Global_Filters_for_Dashboard

You can also create a manager dashboard as well.

If you need help setting it up, you might consider joining one of the Gainsight Office Hours sessions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
All of the above comments are correct. You will want to define your users and managers distinctly. Similar to Pamela's post, we have a global filter on our CSM Director Dashboard that allows them a universal view based on their ID (currentuser) and also a global filter for a specific CSM Name for periodic performance reviews.

If I can provide any more details or input please let me know, Office Hours would be a great place to go for something like this as well as Jeff suggested.

Thanks, Pam!