Dashboards - clear settings/filters

Related products: None

When I make a change to a report that has been added to Dashboard Builder, i have to clear the previous settings in order to see the changes. This means I must inform every user to reset their filters in order to see the changes.

Is there a 'Master Restore/Clear Settings' button or a way to clear settings/filters in mass for all reports added to the Dashboard Builder section?
Hi Johnny,

Short answer is, there is no such facility in the product today.

Changes made to the report are reflected in the Dashboard, except for filter changes. That is because the end-user changes to the filter are state preserved and in-order to protect these individual states. We haven't given the "Master Restore" kind of setting where the Admin can just clear the filter settings of a report across all users and set it to the state he/she wants. 

Question to everybody:

How many people out there want "Master Restore" ?

Thanks

Venky
This has been an annoyance for me as well. I have executives asking for small changes in their dashboards, and when I apply them, there is typically a period of confusion afterwards where their old filters are preserved. If I could wipe out all of the saved filters and reset everyone back to the default filters, that would be great.
I'll take a seat on this train. I understand both why Gainsight preserves the state of the filters, and the confusion that ensues when changes made by an admin cannot be received by a user unless the user also takes a non-intuitive step. I do wish there was a Master Restore / Master Clear settings which would enhance my ability to implement changes to users quickly.
I agree with this. Even as an end user, I've modified each reports filters over the course of time and instead of going to each report and clearing the filters it would be nice to have a master clear button on the dashboard to do all of them at once.

Hey Team,

Bringing this up again, I was speaking with a customer today who would also really like this function. We have the ability to clear filters/settings at each individual report that brings it back to the state in report builder.

What we would like to see is a function that would allow you to do this at the dashboard level and clear all reports of their filters/settings.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks 

As the admin of an org with 70+ users that rely on dashboards, I give this a HUGE thumbs up. It is a pain trying to communicate every tiny change to a group this size.

We really need this - constant improvements to dashboards are not seen by users, leading to confusion across the org. 

Is there any update on this?

@venky_reddy_k 

I’m not sure how this is tagged as “Solved” considering the problem still exists. 

Hi All,

One update is we are making it much more easier to remove any states from dashboard builder it self for all users. This change will be shipped as a part of our new horizon reporting which is rolling our in phases starting march.

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC (Link) & NXT (Link) versions. Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as responsive charts and dashboards, flexible dashboards with more widgets (Image, Web Page, Rich Text), etc. 

Following are the major advantages of Horizon Analytics:

• New and improved User Interface based on the Gainsight Horizon Design System.

• Easy access to a list of Reports and Dashboards.

• Easy to share your Report and Dashboard through PPT or Link.

• Ability to retrieve the deleted Reports or Dashboards from the Trash folder.

• Easy to enable/disable the Report data downloads (including external links)

• Easy to enable/disable the lazy loading of Report Widgets.

• Easy to select the Color Palette, either Gainsight Defaults or Custom Colors.

• Simplified drag and drop capability for adding fields to the Report.

Thanks for posting!