Solved

Dashboard data not matching Report Builder

• 27 September 2019
  • 4 replies

I have created a renewals dashboard that pulls in data from both the Company and CTA objects. When I view the dashboard myself, it looks correct based on all the filtering criteria I applied to the reports. But when other CSMs view the dashboard all of the CTA based widgets display way more data than they should (like old CTAs that are closed, for inactive accounts, or not related to renewals at all), so they're not obeying the report filters.

I have a ticket in for this and suspect that part of it may be due to the fact that we have conititional sharing rules set up at the Company level but not for CTAs, but that still doesn't explain why the dashboard shows up correctly for me (an admin that isn't affected by those conidtional rules) and not the rest of my team.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by keith_mattes 27 September 2019, 20:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Have the users established any local filter criteria that may need to be cleared to match what you have updated it to? I believe if they click on the gear and reset the settings that could be a troubleshooting step if not yet already attempted.

No, most of them reported it the first time they accessed the dashboard. I just had one double check to confirm and no luck with the clear filter reset.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
As a workaround, you possibly could create a rule to merge your filtered company and CTA data along with creating a custom data object to house the data and provide reporting off of there? Not ideal of course, but that might assure you of your data set in the interim as well as provide access to the data to your users. Just a thought, hope issue is resolved soon!

Thanks for the suggestion!