Question

Creating Reports that help show % of Account Portfolio with Success Plans

Badge +1
Our team would like to be able to see the % of their portfolio that has an existing success plan to help gauge their level of engagement with their portfolio as a whole. For example, Sara owns 20 account, 15 have active success plans (75% of portfolio) and 5 have non (25% of portfolio). Is it possible to do this? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Samantha,

I was able to accomplish this by creating a check box field on the Customer Info object called Active Success Plan, and then, I wrote a rule to check the box when there was an active Success Plan. I was then able to build reporting to show total accounts assigned to CSM and a true/false value based on whether or not they had an active plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Samantha, you can also find more info on how to report on Success Plans here:

https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/216458907
Badge +1
Thanks Heather! I am a bit of a newbie. How do you add a check box field to the Customer Info object? 

Is it possible to find accounts with or without Success Plans without changing anything on the Customer info object?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@SaifSN You can’t report on absence of data so this needs a custom solution.

Two ways you can do this is to have a checkbox on Company object and then build a rule on success plan object. If any company has a success plan then you can check the box and similarly for companies without success plan, the box remains unchecked.

The other way is to build a data designer and in first fetch, bring all records from company and in 2nd fetch bring the data from success plans. Use left outer join in your merge and you’ll now have visibility into the accounts that do not have a success plan.

@saltamash, thank you.