Solved

Creating reports & dashboard using multiple MDA objects

• 24 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hello

I'd like to create a dashboard to track our new product users and to see whether they have started using our product or not, any training they have completed, webinars attended, etc. This info is stored in approx 5-6 different MDA objects - I can create the extract using Bionic rules but is there a way I can create a dashboard for our Training Team to check & action?

We're using Person object so one possible way forward I can think of, would be to select few key attributes and load them to the Company Person e.g. Date of user created, Training completed, Date of last webinar attended etc and then create a report from the Company Person. But this seems a bit messy and would limit the insights we have. Is there another way to track onboarding engagement efficiently?

Thanks in advance

Katerina

icon

Best answer by phani_kumar 4 April 2020, 15:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Katerina,

I'm not sure I understand your question fully. You can create a dashboard that consists of multiple different reports and the reports can be based off different data sources. They don't all need to have the same source object. Does this help clarify things or did I misunderstand your question?

Badge +4
Hi Kat,

This would be a great topic for our EMEA Admin Office Hours next Thursday from 1pm GMT to 3pm GMT. Are you available during that time? If so, please sign up at the following link, https://community.gainsight.com/topics/admin-office-hours-5bc72d94e4b0f384738d13ee.

If not I would be happy to schedule a call with myself and a Customer Success Architect to work through this.

Best,

Easton

Badge +1
Sorry - should have provided an example. What I'm after is exception reporting to be able to take action during processes like new user on boarding.

Each month we enrol few hundred of new users. their data is stored in several objects like online training, actual product usage, webinars, timelines (used for direct 1-1 training) etc.

Some new users will start using our products right away with or without training. Some will require multiple training session, webinars etc. some however will not attempt any training, will not join any webinars and their product usage is zero. I'd like to have a dashboard to show these users - our training team then can easily see who then need to reach out to - who's at risk.

I have already created a bionic rule merging the different datasets into one file - then using this file in Journey Orchestrator to email those new users who have not yet engaged. It would be great to have a visual dashboard though to show the same on one report.

Badge +1
Thanks Easton - have singed up!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Katerina, 

If you want to show all the data in one single report? yes, you can do using Rules Engine(Bionic Rules) or with Data Designer modules.