Question

Creating Custom Date Fields

• 11 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Do we currently have the ability to create custom date or date/time fields based on other date fields? For example, if I have a set date field and I'd like to create a new custom field to show me the date 90 days out - can this be created within the MDA and/or Gainsight native reporting? I've found the ability to calculate the difference between date fields and other more "relative" type calulations (IF this date after or before this other date, THEN some action), but I haven't been able to create a simple Date + X days calculation. Standard Excel and SF proper functionality.

Please assist or confirm that GS doesn't currently allow for this. Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I'd be interested in this ability as well. I have a workflow where I need a CTA to be created at a point in the future. It would helpful to have a way to have a dataset with the date in the future to query the rule against. Instead, I've had to create a rule that runs daily and is essentially looking in the past (180 or 60 days) to determine if that account needs a CTA. I don't like this way as it makes it hard to re-run rules if there is a failure.

Badge +3
@kunal_bhat @rakesh for comment on this one

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Tim,

We do not have the ability to create a new field in Gainsight reporting today. We are currently working on the ability to use a formula to create new fields in reporting. Creating a custom date field which is Date field + x days should be possible once we release the formula fields capability. We plan to ship this soon in one of our upcoming releases. I will update this thread once we ship formula fields!

Do note: Creating a field in reporting would make sure the field exists only in that particular report. If you want to re-use the field in multiple reports, you can use the same formula at object level in MDA.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Yep, definitely helps a lot if we have the capability of adding or subtracting any two date fields dynamically.